Marijuana legalization may be one of the few issues that Biden can use to garner support from both Republicans and Democrats, it was a perfect score. Here are the key results:
- Arizona. Voters approved Arizona Proposition 207 to legalize the possession and use of marijuana for individuals over the age of 21, enact a tax on marijuana sales, and require the Arizona Department of Health and Human Services regulate the industry.
- Montana. Voters approved Montana Initiative 190 to legalize the possession and use of marijuana for adults over 21, impose a 20% tax on marijuana sales, require the Montana Department of Revenue to regulate the industry, and allow for resentencing or expungement of marijuana-related crimes.
- Mississippi. In Mississippi, voters considered two initiatives to legalize medical marijuana and approved the most permissive option in Initiative 65 which allows the use of medical marijuana for the treatment of 20 specified qualifying conditions.
- New Jersey. Voters approved New Jersey Public Question 1 which amends the New Jersey Constitution to legalize the possession and use of marijuana for individuals over the age of 21 and legalizes the cultivation, processing, and retail of marijuana.
- South Dakota. Voters approved both Amendment A to legalize marijuana and Measure 26 which legalizes medical marijuana.